Post: Assistant Estates Manager
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum basic
Location: Central Manchester
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience supporting the management of a large portfolio of sites
- Experience of determining maintenance solutions and accurately costing building work
- Experience of effectively monitoring budgets and effective cost control
- Understanding of building maintenance
- Knowledge and awareness of relevant legislation (Health and Safety, building, DDA, Asbestos, Fire Safety, Gas Safety and Electrical Safety)
- Experience of reviewing, monitoring and negotiating supplier contracts.
- Experience of dealing with landlords and agents relating to lease agreements, dilapidations claims and / or rent reviews.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and autonomously as required
- A positive “can do” attitude to work focused on finding solutions to problems
- Level 2 Literacy & numeracy Qualification
- An ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines.
Supporting the Group Estates Manager with ensuring that all areas related to Estates and Health and Safety are managed efficiently and effectively and that all company premises are compliant with legislation, best practice and company policies, procedures and standards. You will also be responsible for ensuring that effective administrative and financial management systems are in place, managing the PPM system, approved contractor and supplier lists, lease schedules, statutory compliance processes and providing estates/health and safety helpdesk support
How to Apply
Download a copy of the Job Description for this role. Submit an up to date copy of your CV along with a covering letter which evidences how your skills, knowledge and experience match the essential/desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
The deadline for returning applications is Monday 3rd August