Armstrong Works Limited operates this website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the site.
For the purposes of Data Protection Laws, Armstrong Works Limited is the Data Controller and also a Data Processor in respect of Personal data received.
Armstrong Works Limited details are:
Armstrong Works Limited
24 Hulme Street
Armstrong Works Limited also access shared services linked to the provision of People Services, Finance, Management Information, Estates/Premises and Marketing with its associate company Access Creative College (Access to Music Limited).
Armstrong Works Learners are funded by funding partner organisations under their funding agreements with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), or other such Government funded agency, acting as executive Agency of the Department for Education (DfE).
Armstrong Works Customers accessing employability and welfare to work support are funded by a number of contractual partnerships under funding agreements with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or other such Government Funded Agencies.
Personal data regarding learners will be shared at appropriate points in the learning process with both funding partners in relation to the contractual requirements with the ESFA and delivery partners as part of work based activity and work experience delivered on employer premises/facilities. You will be informed as part of your programme of studies of the specific details of partners with whom you are associated and with whom your data is shared.
Personal Data relating to Customers engaged employability and welfare to work support is accessed by Armstrong Works Limited in its capacity as a Data Processor of personal data of Customers of DWP acting through its contractual relationships with lead contract holders. Matters relating to data and information security of customer data are managed in association with the lead contract holder and the DWP. Excepting general enquiries relating to Armstrong Works services received via its website contact address firstname.lastname@example.org.
For employment purposes we use the services of Verticality Limited t/a Easyweb Group for the purposes of collecting and processing data using their Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and other tools. For this purpose they are both a data controller as they determine the functionality and configuration of the system in conjunction with us the end user .and a data processor.
Their registered address is:
Units 15-17 Strixton
Northamptonshire NN29 7PA
ICO Registration Number: Z8069187
Armstrong Works Limited may receive your application via the ATS directly via your application for a position on our website or via embedded links in advertisements for vacancies placed with a variety of job boards either on our behalf by Easyweb or directly by us.
Information Collection And Use
When you complete one of our website forms, we collect and store certain pieces of Personal Data and other information relating to you. What we collect will be linked to the nature of your enquiry and purpose for engaging with us. To help clarify this we have separated the document in to sections which cover
- General provisions applicable to anyone using our website.
- Employment applications with the business
Section 1 General Provisions
We collect and store information relating to when and how you use the Website, including (but not limited to) activity data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, although we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data as part of these activities.
Where, how and for how long we store your Personal Data
The information that we collect from you (including any Personal Data) may be transferred to, and stored at, various destinations. Whilst this will not normally include destinations outside the European Economic Area (EEA for systems under our control), It may be processed by staff operating at various locations outside the EEA who work for one of our IT service providers including hosting, connectivity or telecommunications.
Examples of this would be services which utilise global business solutions e,g, Google GSuite, Amazon Cloud Services, Microsoft Azure which for the purposes of backup, disaster recovery, load balancing means that data systems using these platforms can pass through or be stored outside the EU. However, these providers have established robust measures and procedures to ensure data integrity and compliance with the regulations. To see exemplar information relating to Google’s GDPR compliance provisions please visit this site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For General Enquiries we will store your Personal Data for no more than one year after your initial enquiry. Should you wish to remain in contact with us for the purposes of receiving further marketing or other information beyond this time you will be asked to provide additional consents to do so.
For applications for employment we will store your Personal Data for a period of 6 months after the closing date of the vacancy to which you have applied for candidates who were not shortlisted for positions, 12 months for candidates who were shortlisted and interviewed for positions. The details for successful applicants will be transferred to your employment records with the business and retained in line with our data retention policies and statutory obligations, the details of which can be found here: Privacy Notice – Workforce Data
How we use the information that we collect from you
We use information collected from you to provide the functionality of the Website. We also use the information:
- To contact you regarding you legitimate interest in the college; information relating to your application, enquiry or event booking.
- To communicate with you on matters relating to your enquiry or to send you promotional emails about new events or other information that we think may be of interest. You may request that we stop using your information for direct marketing purposes at any time and without giving any reason.
- To further your application for employment
- To help us improve the Website.
- To help us understand behaviour and improving processes. This involves us combining your anonymised information with anonymised information provided by other people.
You data will be used by Armstrong Works Limited only in order to contact you about your legitimate interest in the business, be that a service enquiry or employment application. We will always give you the choice to opt out of any marketing we send you.
We collect and store information about your Device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is anonymous statistical data about your browsing activities and patterns, and does not contain any Personal Data.
What we share with third parties
We use analytics technologies provided by Google Analytics and other third parties. This involves cookies being set via our Website, which then collect information about your usage of our Website. This information is anonymous and does not contain any Personal Data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Section 2 Employment Applications
Please refer to the employment related provisions outlined in section 1 in conjunction with the specific provisions detailed here.
What information we collect from you
When you register with us (whether via the Website or otherwise), we collect and store certain pieces of Personal Data and other information relating to you, including:
- Full name
- Contact details, including email address, address, telephone numbers including mobile numbers,
- Work history, education, training, skills, experience, position held, dates of employment and any other information included in your CV including names of current and previous employers
- Details of job preferences
- Names and contact details of referees where provided
- Sensitive personal data linked to equality and diversity monitoring, this information is not available to hiring managers as part of their review and assessment of applications and is limited to representatives of People Services and EasyWeb group for the purposes of statistical analysis or final inclusion in personal records of appointed candidates as part of their employment with the company.
- Answers to questions that we pose to ascertain your suitability for the job for which you are applying
We also collect and store information relating to when and how you use the Website, including (but not limited to) activity data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, although we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data as part of these activities. This information is processed in line with the general provisions outlined above.
Your rights under the Data Protection Laws
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws, including:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to be told what Personal Data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data.
- The right to request that we provide you with a copy (in a commonly used electronic format) of all the Personal Data that we hold about you. Unless you make repeated requests, we will not charge a fee for providing you with a copy of this data.
- The right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we irretrievably delete all Personal Data that we hold about you (the so-called “right to be forgotten”). Note that there are limited circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse to comply with this request.
- The right to request that we transmit all the Personal Data that we hold about you (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form) to another organisation’s IT environment. Note that we are only legally obliged to comply with this request if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
Corrective actions and updates to personal data
All staff, customers and learners (including applicants for positions) are responsible for checking that information they provide to us in connection with their employment or other form of engagement is accurate and up to date. Any changes to personal data provided (e.g. change of address) must be promptly notified, to us. We may request that you confirm these changes in details in writing. We cannot be held responsible for errors unless the member of staff, leaner of customer has properly informed the us about them.
In the first instance please contact: email@example.com
If you have a specific enquiry relating to learners or staff please contact either:
Customer or Learner related enquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment related enquiries via email@example.com